Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Volcanoes on the right, Pacific Ocean on the LEFT

I left Liberia CR early, about 6.oo am headed to Nicarauga. It was EXTREEMLY windy and the bike was jumping about 2 feet back and forth. There were many trees down, proving that this was not your average storm. An 18 wheeler was completely blown off the road, on its side in the ditch. I wanted to stop and take a picture to prove the point, but was afraid that I would be blown over. Remember that the gyroscopic forces of the bike at 60 mph makes it much more stable if you have the guts to ride it that fast in the wind!! Anyways, within 25 miles of the Nicarauguan Border the terrain becomes much denser and the wind was now longer a factor and I was still moving.

The Border crossing went quite smoothly and I was back on the PANAM highway up along Lake Nicaraugua. Thats where you see the Volcanoes on the right and the Pacific on the left...going north!!!

At the last second I decided to go to Grenada, the oldest Spanish City in Central America..1523. This is a great little place with alot of history. I explored the place and took alot of pictures. I checked into the Bearded Monkey Hotel. Its a hostel and really cool. Every nationality represented. I am currently drink in the Pub and doing the Blog. Oh, beers are .75$ and a room is $8. What a bargain. You can rent a fully furnished house here for $125 per month.....

I'll decide after a few more Mohitas on where to go next or to just stay for a few more days!!!

Bye for now!!!