Thursday, January 21, 2010

Alot to catch up on!!!!

So, I apologize for not keeping the Blog up to date. Internet access is very difficult, unless you have your own laptop with you. Many places have wireless routers, but not public computers.

Since the last posting I basically rode every day back through Hoduras, San Salvadore, Guatamala, and up thru the Pacific side of Mexico. That is an incredible ride in itself. I had so many great times and spent some extra moments enjoying the ride thru all the countries.

The only bad moment of my travels was at the Guat/Mex border where my camera was finally stollen. I realize now that a suspect on a local 450cc Yamaha that was talking english to me on the Guat side, probably was the one that did the deed. It goes to show you that usually it is someone that knows you that is in the best postion to steal your property!!! Luckly, while I was in CR my friend Chuck copied all the files from my camera, and he will send at least those to me!!! I realized the camera was stolen about 50 miles into Mexico and I really tried to cry about it. But I was unable to do so. If that is the worse thing that happens in a 6 week, 10,000 mile motorcycle ride through Central America, I was actually a very lucky guy!

I arrived yesterday saftely back here at my Uncle Georges place north of Tuscan. I have booked a flight out back to Detroit this afternoon. My Uncle Wes, who happens to be visiting George for the winter, will take me to the Phoenix airport.

In total I want to say that a trip such as this is only experienced by a lucky few people. Most do not have the time or resources, or the health to give it a try. If you decide to go, just remember that I really did not have one bad experience. Most everyone throughout Central America that I met were quite nice and friendly!! I feel much more threatened in Downtown Detroit than anywhere south of the Border. I know that this is quite contrary to public opinion, but it is the honest thuth. 99.9% of those people are great, you just have to be streetwise enough to avoid the small few, as anywhere else in the world.

I had many messages on the cellphone and it turns out lots of wrought iron and decorative painting jobs to do!! I am anxious to get back home and return to reality. Expecially to see my trusted friend the Jack Russell Terrior...Mr. Foey.

I'll try to add more to this Blog as I relax and have more time to reflect upon the trip. Thanks for following my Blog, and stay tuned for my next big adventure!!!!!