Sunday, January 10, 2010

Enjoying Costa Rica




Explored the Lodge grounds early in the morning; they had some wonderful gardens. The riding was spectacular and reminded me of southern France. The countryside is absoluetly georgous. THIS IS THE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I toured the Arazu Volcano and the ride up to the top was really great. The ride back down was much better as the views were right in your face.

I had a number of responses to the sale of the bike from people along the way. One of these were Chuck Jennings in San Jose. So after riding the mountains for the day I navigated through the City to meet with him. I met up with him and followed him to his Fantastic House overlooking San Jose out to the west and the Pacific Ocean. Chuck and his wife Diane have invited me to stay in their guest house and even took me out for a wonderful diner last night.

We went for a ride this morning down toward the airport for breakfast and for Chuck to test the bike. It was sunday morning and the streets were vacant of vehicles. Everyone here is caught in a paradigm that they need to have an enduro type bike. Much like the Big Three Car Companies sold large SUVs to the American Public. They think they need them but never take them off the road or even put them in 4 wheel drive. So, not-with-standing, I doubt that Chuck will make a realistic offer on the bike.

Chuck has turned out to be quite intellectual.... philosophical, and opinionated about world events. He is a computer fiend and is president of the Costa Rica PC Club. He has a refreshing perspective about the World!! We have talked at some length on the state of affairs and his viewpoints are similar to mine.

So I have decided to get up early in the morning and head to Nicaraugua. Please note that I have added many pictures to the last few Blog entries. Thanks again for following!!!!