Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Touring around in Panama City

I spent the 93 degree day exploring, rode the bike on the new highway over to the Atlantic side to the seaport of Colon. As it turns out it is an all busyness seaport with not anything to do. So I had beakfast and came back to the city. I found the old US fancy residential area and toured around that taking more pictures of really beautiful ironwork. Then I rode out to Chamai meet Niel, the friend of a friend. American guy moved to Panama to start a granite countertop business. I have the option of leaving the bike at his place for 80 days and then return it and ride it home.

I rode down to the City again to meet the local BMW Club guys for a Club event at the Local Hooters Bar. I got all sorts of suggestions of what to see in the City. The service manager is supposed to call me if he has a new front tire in stock...mine is plumb wore out.

The owner of Hooters..George (who has a drop dead georgous girlfriend) was quite nice and suggested a nice hotel here in the downtown area. So I spent the night there, avoiding a ride back out to the country late at night. George also plans to ride a bike down here from Atlanta in the spring, so he had alot of questions about that.

I plan to tour the Miraflora Locks today, arrainge for a new tire, and then go back to Niels in the country.

You can see from the GPSpoter that my 2 Buddies have made it over to Bogata and are long gone. Good luck to them and there travels down there. I think they have another 7500 miles or so in 6 weeks.

Bye till, tomarow...