Monday, December 14, 2009

Final Details in the USA

I spent monday exploring the South Padre/Brownsville area. And relaxed around the pool for a few hours and a nap. Mike, Scott and John (my riding friends) are due to arrive from Chicago any minute. I met Mike on the Adventure Rider website and later met him for dinner in November. He is a real world global motorcycle rider and I was so impressed I decided to join his group. These guys ride those Japanese dual sport bikes (I think KLR models), similar to the BMW GS Series. I have always thought that these types of bikes were for the dreamers; those that wanted to do it all. In my opinion they are lousy road bikes and terrible dirt bikes. Anyway, we will basically be riding the pavement all the way and my BMW is PERFECT for that. I will have to see how those guys do, and keep my comments to myself.

Here is the link to the GPS Spoter that we will be carring with us:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/gogl.jsp?glId=0i4HSfNg3hqfpnCgi0It3ROYKaUqB6LOc

You can check our progress anytime by clicking on this link.

The next post will be from THE foreign country!